There are some very easy ways to install additional equipment to your bath. While it is always advisable to have the assistance of a specialist, some of these devices are designed so that anyone with a little patience and care, after reading the instructions, can make its bath even better. Order and cleanliness are fundamental factors in bathtub Remodeling. Here we offer some tips that will add pleasure and safety to your bath, taking into account the care of children or elderly in the home.
Bathtub inserts enable a user to have an easier time while taking a bath. This is especially useful for young children and the very old. It is very handy for disabled persons too. Tub inserts in bathtub Remodeling are usually easy to install with just a minimal number of bolts used and does not require any need to modify the tub.
What to look for in a bathtub insert
Bathtub Remodeling: Choose a wholesale whirlpool bathtub inserts that are made from gel coat and is reinforced by fiberglass materials, can be installed by a single person without any fuss and without changing anything on the existing tub, exhibits a non-slip surface which is also soft and pliable for the user’s comfort, and a reasonable warranty which normally lasts from a year up to three years.
Instructions on installing the tub insert
1. First, check the tub insert kit if all the necessary components are present. Look at the tub’s bottom to ascertain that its drain gasket is in place.
2. Important in al kind of works like bathtub Remodeling: clean the whole bath tub assembly, including the shower unit with the use of a non-abrasive cleaning agent. After cleaning, make sure that the whole thing is dry before continuing the installation process. This is important since any moisture left may cause damage to the floor.
3. Fit the insert to find if it fits properly. After testing if the insert fits, remove the insert. Apply silicone caulking to the shower drain’s upper part as well as the tub bottom’s gasket. Make sure that the bead of silicone which encircles the drain brass is at least half an inch. You will feel like a bathtub Remodeling technician, but take it easy.
4. With utmost care, gently place the tub insert on the shower unit by sliding it into place. Apply ample pressure to aid in setting the insert. Fill the tub with water, the water’s weight will help in putting the insert in place while the silicone is setting.
5. When the silicone has cured, it is time to drain the water. After draining, clean the tub and the insert using a mild cleaning agent as well as warm water. It is a strict no-no to use liquid abrasives or even scouring powder. Congratulations, your bathtub Remodeling is done and you may now use your new massage bathtubs!
Cleaning and maintenance
Again, in this sort fo bathtub Remodeling it is important to keep in mind that you should not employ abrasive cleaners. This is because abrasive cleaners have the potential to scratch as well as dull the unit’s surface. It is advisable to use liquid detergents. These cleaning agents that have been mentioned may be used for daily cleaning of the tub and shower enclosure. Never use sa metal scraper, steel wool, or wire brushes because these tools can easily damage the whole setup. Periodically, you can scrub any mineral deposits or soap stains using gel gloss or even a dishwashing detergent. Waxing it periodically with a liquid wax can improve the luster and finish of the tub and insert.
If your bath is in any way damaged, you can easily have it repaired. Contact Tubs & More and ask for a professional repairman. If ever the services of a repairman is not available in your area, you can always contact the manufacturer of your bathtub insert as well as that of the tub itself. Repair kits can also be bought from the manufacturers or from do it yourself shops. Repair kits usually include a gel coat.
These are some of the pointers that you must consider when getting a tub insert as well as installing it.
Have Questions about Bathtub Remodeling? Call us and we will beat your best price! You can visit our showroom at:
1387 Shotgun Road, Sunrise, Florida 33326.
Hours: 8:30AM – 5:30PM
Tuesday Thru Saturday